Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Buddy? or Buddy?

So I love my neighborhood. We know this, but one huge plus is that it is sooo dog friendly. Everyone has dogs so Pearl fits in quite well here. We go on walks everyday all over town and to the beach. She has the time of her life. Last week she fit in a little too well.

Pearl has officially become a woman.... I mean it is her very first magical time of the six months for dogs. So you could imagine with fluffy fur like hers what a hit she is.

We went to the beach for a little stroll when a woman, her dog and her husband (lagging behind) approached us. The male dog was very interested in Pearl romantically. The woman kept saying "come on buddy, come on buddy" and pulling her dog away. I was trying to smooth over the semi awkward situation of her oversize German Shepperd trying to get it on with my little puppy when I said (in a baby voice) "well Buddy sure is cute how old is cute little buddy?" The woman looked very pleased and looked up at me laughing and said "buddy is my husband." She was hurrying her slow husband so they could go. I then started talking really fast about how I don't think Buddy is only a dogs name and how it is actually a lovely human name as well and other such nonsense that I can't even remember. I'm sure it only made things worse. The man was not a pleased as his wife was with my mistake and said to his wife "okay laugh it up" and they moved on.

I wonder why things like this happen to me? I make a fool out of myself on a regular basis. This was just a funny one that I had to document. So Kami (my little sister) this one goes down in your book if Things that could only happen to Lindsey!

3 comments:

  1. Bahaha! Yes, this will DEFINATELY be added to my list. Really though, would this happen to anyone else?....... No.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being at work I could't laugh as loud as I wanted to but I have to say, this is an excellent story!!

    ReplyDelete